Application for active substance

Only approved active substances are permitted to be used in plant protection products. An active substance will be approved only when it complies with the obligations and conditions of the Regulation.

Do you want the Netherlands as Rapporteur Member State to assess your application for an active substance (in EU)? Please contact mr. Geert-Jan Molema at the earliest stage to discuss this.

One e-mailaddress

On January 1st, 2021 our e-mailaddress for EU active substances for plant protection products will be activated. From this moment on all communication regarding your application(s) for approval, amendment and/or renewal of active substances for plant protection will go via this e-mail box. We kindly ask you to send all e-mail messages regarding the applications for approval, amendment and/or renewal of active substances for plant protection to this e-mail address. The messages will be handled by the EU active substance project managers. The e-mail box will help to secure a swift and evenly communication in your application process. The project manager in charge will be recognizable in the e-mail messages. Every application will keep the current project manager as a first point of contact. Messages regarding service desk requests /questions (including requests for meeting (RFM’s)), still have to be send to the e-mail address of the service desk.

Application procedure for active substances

The registration manual contains information on:

Explanation non-RMS

The application process is controlled by EFSA. If the Netherland is not the rapporteur member state the Ctgb receives the DAR from EFSA and has 90 days to submit written commentary via a commentary table. After this, Ctgb is possibly invited to attend the expert meeting. The turnaround time depends on the date of the expert meeting and the date of receipt of the invitation.

Endocrine disrupting properties

From 10 November 2018 onwards the scientific criteria for endocrine disruptive properties have to be used in de (Renewal) Assessment reports.
For more information, please refer to: