Application for active substance
Only approved active substances are permitted to be used in plant protection products. An active substance will be approved only when it complies with the obligations and conditions of the Regulation.
Application procedure for active substances
The registration manual contains information on:
- Application active substance NL = RMS
- Assessment of equivalence active substance or additive
- Renewal approved active substance
- Confirmatory data
The application process is controlled by EFSA. If the Netherland is not the rapporteur member state the Ctgb receives the DAR from EFSA and has 90 days to submit written commentary via a commentary table. After this, Ctgb is possibly invited to attend the expert meeting. The turnaround time depends on the date of the expert meeting and the date of receipt of the invitation.
Endocrine disrupting properties
From 10 November 2018 onwards the scientific criteria for endocrine disruptive properties have to be used in de (Renewal) Assessment reports.
For more information, please refer to:
- Page about Endocrine Disruptors of EU commission.
- For information about the renewal dossiers under assessment, please refer to our page on Endocrine Disruptors (in Dutch).