Export certificate

Ctgb can, upon request of an exporter, issue an ‘export certificate’ to companies for the benefit of the export to their clients in other countries. An export certificate is a certificate in which Ctgb confirms that the given plant protection product or biocide is authorised or registered for the given field(s) of use pursuant to the Plant Protection Products and Biocides Act and that the particular plant protection product or biocide may be traded freely in the Netherlands and applied in the authorised fields of use.


Firms exporting plant protection products or biocides to non EU-/EEA countries are often asked by importing states or foreign customers to supply a certificate prepared by the authorising authority in the country of origin that confirms that the product has been approved or registered for the specified application(s).

The European internal market is based on the free movement of goods, persons, services and capital. The export certificate serves to stimulate free trade. Therefore, no export certificate have to be granted (pursuant to the Treaty of Rome – free trade) for products intended to be traded to another Member State of the European Union or the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) participating in the European Economic Area (EEA). Therefore, no export certificates will be issued for:

  • EU: Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Sweden, Rumania and Bulgaria.
  • EEA: Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland.

An export certificate can be provided in English, French or Spanish.

The costs of an export certificate have been laid down in the Tariffs Decree of the Ctgb.

Instruction for submission

The 'Directions for submission' apply. The handling period is approximately 4 weeks (no rights can be derived from this period). It suffices to submit the completed  form to Ctgb by e-mail.

For more information about international trade, required documents, conditions for importing and exporting of products, and legalisation of documents you may contact the Chamber of Commerce.