When is a product defined as a plant protection product?
The European Regulation on plant protection products 1107/2009 uses the following definition: 'products, in the form that they are supplied to the user, consisting of or containing active substances, safeners or synergists, and intended for one of the following uses:
- the protection of plants or plant products against all harmful organisms (...)
- influencing the life processes of plants, such as substances influencing their growth, other than as a nutrient;
- the storage of plant products (...);
- the destruction of undesired plants or parts of plants (...);
- the limitation or prevention of undesired growth of plants (...).