When is a certificate of professional competence required?
Plant Protection Product
A certificate of professional competence is required for using a plant protection product or biocidal product if the authorisation decision for the product states that the authorisation applies to professional use. This is defined in Article 71 of the Plant protection products and biocidal products Act (Wgb). Article 17 and 17a of the Decree on plant protection products and biocidal products places additional requirements on the certificate of professional competence. The scope of permitted use for professional use is further specified in:
Article 17a. Certificate of professional competence concerning biocidal products:
1. A certificate of professional competence for biocidal products as referred to in Article 71, second and fourth clause, of the Act is issued to an individual who complies with the conditions established by regulation by our Minister in the matter of:
- distribution of gaseous and gas-generating biocides,
- the control of moles and European water voles,
- repelling or controlling a pest infestation,
- controlling fungi that cause wood decay, or
- the use of gaseous and gas-generating biocides, with the exception of the control of moles or European water voles as referred to in part b.