FAQ's COVID-19 - Coronavirus COVID-19
12 questions and answers on Coronavirus COVID-19
Use of disinfectants and sanitisers
- I want to buy disinfectants, but how do I know if it is a legal product?
- Who is covered by the term ‘professionals in the healthcare sector’?
- I work in a sector other than healthcare; which products am I permitted to use?
- What products have now been authorised under the exemptions?
- What is the risk of placing disinfectants on the market that are not authorised and that are not covered by an exemption?
Production & trade of disinfectants
- I want to place a disinfectant on the market with a concentration of alcohol or other active substance that deviates from the exemption for WHO formulation and the exemption for pharmacy products. Is this allowed?
- I manufacture a disinfectant according to the exemptions, but I am not on the Article 95 list. Should I purchase my active substance(s) from a supplier that is on this list?
- I want to put a disinfectant on the market that complies with the WHO formulation, but I have several other co-formulants in my product. Is this allowed?
- As a supplier of disinfectants, can I also potable alcohol, and do I have to pay excise tax?
- What quality should the ingredients of the exempt formulations have?
- I want to use the exemptions to sell a disinfectant or make it available to private persons. Is this allowed?
- Is it advisable to submit an individual exemption request as a company?