Types of application
We distinguish various types of applications for plant protection products.
- Procedure zonal application
- Zonale Application NL RMS
- Zonal Application Netherlands CMS
- Application for mutual recognition
- Comparative assessment
- Product Renewals (NL zRMS and NL=CMS)
- Change product authorisation
- Minor or administrative changes
- Minor change to legal instructions for use
- Minor uses
Applications for products
A plant protection product is a product with one or more active substances. We distinguish 4 types of applications in this category:
Authorisation is requested directly for a European zone. The application will be assessed in its entirety by a single Member State: the zonal rapporteur. During the assessment period, the other Member States in the zone can comment on the assessment of the zonal rapporteur. Learn more about the interzonal application.
If a product has already been authorised in one EU Member State, applicants can request authorisation in other Member States by means of an application for mutual recognition.
The Netherlands distinguishes 4 scenarios for requesting an authorisation for minor uses.
Re-registration under transitional legislation
Some applications for re-registration of plant protection products are still being processed under the old legislation: transitional legislation.